Thursday 17 December 2009

Where is Graphic Design? Billboards

I'll admit I'm not entirely proud of where I came across these images, but while I've been ill and pathetically trying to write my blog in between sleeping and moaning, I may have accidentally stumbled onto bored.com. However, I have found some really interesting billboards and other advertising campaigns. This is one of my favourites; an advertisement for an epilation centre, where the black strands coming from the bikini line are the contact details which you rip away!


This advertisment for piano lessons works in a similar way. I think this is a really simple and cheap way of promoting something.

Promotion for Che magazine

Max Factor's rain sensitive billboard for mascara.





Advertisment for Duracell batteries

Advertisment for skin care salon. I like how they have used texture to make their point. Simple but visually straight to the point.
I think what a lot of these pieces of graphic design show is that often it is a case of 'where'
as much as 'what'.

No comments:

Post a Comment