Tuesday 11 January 2011

DAVID SHRIGLEY

I have been considering "Top 10 best children's stories" as my idea for this brief. I want to create animations invoving playful, childish moving illustrations, possibly of characters from childrens stories, as well as mythical creatures. 
I was given this book for christmas :
David Shrigley is a successful artist who works in a variety of medias, but
I had not seen his work before and instantly fell completely in love with it. I find his illustrations hilarious, and I love even more the fact that they are so childish. I have shown his work to a fair few people, and I have found that only the more child-minded of them found it tickled them in the right place! Others commenting that it was "weird....?"......which makes me love his work even more. I think an accurate description of these cartoons would be 'cartoons for adults'.

These are some of my favorite cartoons from the book :



At this stage, I am not sure whether my 'Top 10 best' target audience will be for adults or for children...  I'm not sure that it would be a program that children would watch, so therefore I may be dealing with an older audience, who might appreciate a darker humored animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment