Thursday 21 April 2011

Mike Perry catalogue research

 I have picked out some image driven type that I particuarly like an I think will be the kind of aesthetic that I am hoping to achieve.


I really like the detail of this alphabet: the hand drawn element allows it to be especially detailed. It stands alone as a piece of design as well as working well when the letters are formed into words.



I would like to experiment with masks on photoshop to create an effect like this one :



This is probably more image based than I want to go, but I would like to see how far I could push towards the distinction between legible, readable type, and image.






I like the idea of recreating an idea that is ultimately 3d, and then creating it in a 2dimensional way like this one :

No comments:

Post a Comment