Tuesday 29 September 2009

What Is Graphic Design?

Eroné is easily my favourite contemporary illustrator at this moment in time. I envy his skill for producing beautifully peculiar illustrations, but also for his ability to create extremely visually interesting image based typography. I love the distorted perspectives in his work, especially the long angular limbs of his figurative illustrations, that taper off into elegant hands and feet. I also love the use of pattern in his work which he contrasts with bold outlines. He generally uses warm neutral colours so as not to distract from the gentle detail of his work. What I most admire is the way in which he operates in a more fine art based approach occasionally, for example creating his work on buildings and vehicles.... I like the way that he doesn't feel constricted by boundaries that some graphic artists might.









No comments:

Post a Comment