Thursday 14 October 2010

Wrap it up


I have been looking at textured fruit skins in relation to my Wrap it up project. I want to create a skin effect for the exterior of my boxes, with bruised areas, then the inside will represent the inside which, despite the bruising, is completely edible. A lot of people would throw out this fruit, a lot of farmers would have this fruit rejected, and a lot of supermarkets would not be able to sell fruit in this condition, despite the fact that it is fine to eat. I like apple skin in particular as a way of illustrating my idea; it is easily recognizable and it is a piece of fruit where the bruises show very visibly. I also like the shape, it works well with the particular nets that I have chosen.
I want to promote "skipping"which is essentially the UK version of dumpster diving. This, is my 'good' summarized as one word. I like that 'skipping' as a slang term, and not universally known. This goes well with the underground nature of my promotion idea. However, I think that i may need to use some other words to help illustrate this word, as well as the imagery I am working on.

Ideas for how to achieve skin effect:
Photograph apple skin 
        - create a stamp/clone on photoshop to create a pattern type effect;Investigate how to          do this?
        -watercolour, then finish in photoshop/illustrator
        -texture.... shiny paper?
        -embossing.... create a bruise/dent in the stock to give the effect of a bruise (probably more possible for a mass produced job)



No comments:

Post a Comment