Tuesday 8 March 2011

design aesthetic

I have been looking into some contemporary illustration work to help me determine with Matt what kind of design aesthetic he wants to go for before I start working with some image. I have selected these particular images because I think that they reflect what we are trying to create visually based on either colour palette, line quality or any other elements.

In this first example I like the fairly muted colour palette and how the areas of textured colour contrast with the thin linear drawings.

In this one I quite simply like the use of shapes and flat colours. The colour palette is mature which is the kind of thing we need to be thinking about.

I love the line quality of these designs. I have been picturing some linear vector art for this brief, and I want the lines to be sinuous in the way that they are in these three images...

I like the contemporary style of illustration in these images, although I want our Glayva artwork to be contemporary and modern I think that this style is a little too child-like. Although, I love the colour palette, the muted red and blue with the brown and antique coloured stock work really well together.

I dont like the top two images of this page bellow, but I like the line quality of the bottom one and the contrast between areas filled with lines and flat black areas.
With these images bellow I like the pattern element (particularly the two on the right hand side of the page).
I think these illustrations are beautiful in terms of design and pattern and the restricted colour palette works really well. I think this style of image is really appropriate and would appeal to a more mature but still contemporary audience.

Again, here it is the sinuous line quality that I like, but I also like the dotted line along her leg. I think that it suggests a sense of travel and adventure which could suit the concept and aesthetic that we are trying to go for.

I absolutely love the colour selection in these images. I want to incorporate the colours associated with fruits that could be used in the cocktails but in  muted sophisticated and mature way.

A good example of some more vector based work. I think that the product would suit something more digital. I will design by hand and then vectorize the lines...

Here I like the contrast between vast flat black areas and line...


Here I like this colour palette...




No comments:

Post a Comment