Tuesday 4 May 2010

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE_brahm

I got these booklets from a welcome pack from the communications agency Brahm. I was really interested in the way that they presented their information, particularly these three booklets. Each contain a collection of information, and also similar content to what I have been investigating i.e. graphic design, students, a-z's etc.


This first booklet of '15 promises' is joined by one single pin so that the pages fan out on a kind of hinge. I like the simplicity of the design, while still being a book (which I am trying to avoid in my design), it has a more fun, interactive feel to it. I think more could be made of the back, for example an image could be printed on the reverse of the cards so that when it is opened it is displayed, yet while it is folded way it becomes invisible.

This little book 'the creative A to Z' is PR guide, each double pages spread having a letter with a small illustration and a definition of the letter/word given. While these all relate to things to do with PR, I very much like the layout and concept of the booklet. This was close to what I had in mind for my initial idea, but in a less conventional way.... while I am a massive fan of products that are novelty and simply to entertain, I think that given the brief, it would be more beneficial for the students if the product had a practical purpose.


I like the way that the designer has left room for the owners ideas at the back of the book, giving it more of a purpose.


These cards depict and explain 'A talent spotters guide to design students'. I absolutely love the concept and I think the packaging is lovely. I also love the way that they have depicted what type of student as a different kind of bird. Although the cards seem to have no function at first other than to entertain, they do in fact carry a link and a small bit of information about the SH! design awards. I like the subtlety of the advertising and the interactive nature of the product. I especially like the little envelope which encases them all. They remind me of collectable cards or something, like you might want to collect the whole set.

No comments:

Post a Comment