Saturday 8 May 2010

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE_elin svensson

Elin Svensson is a graduate from the london college of communication who has set up her own creative studio AH with another fellow graduate. I was originally interested in her work in relation to the project in terms of unusual presentation and packaging, but I absolutely love all of her work particularly her unique style and interesting approach.


I think that the way that these clothing tags, posters and booklets are presented and packaged is really interesting. Although only packaged in a really simple way, it makes them interactive and intriguing to the audience. I love the way she has played with scale in an unconventional way and the way that the tags have this other function as postcard.



I like the concept for this publication: the fear of a blank page. This is something i fear, I have an uncontrollable habit of putting something down on a page even if it's just scribbles and undistinguishable marks. I think her childish illustrative style is really interesting and entertaining.







What I am mainly interested in for my project is the way she uses layout to make publications more visually interesting, for example, using the double page spread rather than working with each side individually. I also like the way that she uses a strongly image based theme at times, almost like a picture book.

No comments:

Post a Comment