Monday 24 May 2010

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE_display and distribution ideas







Something the has come up in almost all of my crits is how I am going handle display/distribution of my product in a more specific way. I liked John's suggestions like attaching the products to helium balloons and setting them free, but there are a number of difficulties with that in terms of making sure the balloons reach their target audience! My first idea was to distribute them or just display them int the student union. My only issue with this is that the advice is aimed specifically at 1st year Graphic Design students, and here it would be available to all. I like the idea of some kind of display box, perhaps with a compartment for each letter of the alphabet. This way all letters are displayed at once, the display is portable, it could be designed in a similar style to the product, drawing attention to the products which themselves are small, so not as eye catching.I also like the less conventional idea of hanging the products on a washing line type string by pegs. Both these methods of distribution could fit into the first year graphics classroom or corridor. If none of these were suitable, there is always the option of making sure that every 1st year graphics student gets one in their starter pack along with their stationary.

No comments:

Post a Comment